Why work for Superstart Batteries?
We are small yet ambitious company passionate about our people, our products and our performance. At Superstart Batteries, we value our eam; we recognise that teamwork, passion and dedication are the key elements in driving us forward as one of the leading suppliers / retailers of Automotive batteries and accessories in Auckland and NZ Wide.
Career Vacancy as of 24/4/21:
Superstart Batteries Limited is an automotive battery and battery related accessories sales store based in East Tamaki & Mount Albert, Auckland. We are looking for an experienced sales and marketing professional to head our Mt Albert branch as well as continue and improve on the success of our online sales (i.e. Website, Trademe, Google).
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales & Marketing Manager will play a vital role in the overall business development and profitability of the branch through strategic sales, marketing and product management. This primarily involves the development and implementation of innovative and commercial sales strategies, to help nurture our current key relationships, continue and aggressively expand the sales of Mt Albert branch. Your responsibility includes pro-actively identifying new business opportunities to grow sales.
You will also be required to:-
– Develop and implement marketing strategies (promotions) to increase awareness and penetration of our products and generate customer loyalty (repeat sales from our regular customers: dealers and caryards).
– Manage, review and improve on the development and implementation of online sales and promotional strategies. This includes coordinating the Branch’s current online marketing activities (Trademe, Website, Google) as well as developing other online innovative platforms to generate a greater online presence.
– Prepare sales budgets and forecasts and report regularly on variances. Manage stock inventory levels.
– Facilitate the delivery and fitment of product for customers across your area, provide excellent customer service to existing customers.
– Complete delivery documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
– Where necessary, assist customers in battery testing, fitting and processing warranty claims. Experience in this area is ideal.
Key skills required:
– Ideally 5+ years’ experience as a sales and marketing professional, with at least 2 years of experience in Automotive batteries.
– A track record of innovation and success in sales and marketing management. A strong understanding of how all elements within a business integrate and perform.
– Background and knowledge in the automotive industry and/or automotive products will be ideal. A knowledge of automotive batteries is required.
– When required, physical ability to cope with repetitive heavy lifting of batteries.
– Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and Management.
– Highly computer literate.
– Full and clean current NZ drivers license.
– Leadership capabilities. Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
– Willing to work Weekends and Public Holiday when required.
A competitive pay and commission is on offer.
If you’re ready to be part of a growing small but committed team, submit a CV and cover letter to us via email at [email protected]